Our Pricing - How We Determine Price
We Buy Remotes pays very competitive price for your Remotes. A lot of customers ask, what do you pay for remotes? This is a difficult question to answer if we do not have the remotes in our hands. Our pricing method is based on multiple things and it changes daily, like the stock market. To give you a better idea of how our pricing method works, here is a list of some of the things we look at when determining prices for remotes.
- Supply and demand. if a remote is in short supply and has a high demand then it will have a higher price. Reversely, if there is an overstock of a remote and not a high demand it will have a lower price.
- Year of vehicle. Typically the newer the vehicle the higher the price paid.
- Style of remote. We classify our remotes in 3 categories:
- Smart Key (highest price point)
- Remote Head Key (2nd highest price point)
- Standard Remote (3rd highest point)
- Condition of remote. The poorer the condition the price goes down.
These items generally have the highest price point and can be worth up to $50 per item. They are typically used on newer push-button start cars.
Remote Head Keys
These items generally have a mid level price point and can be worth up to $18 per item. These items are characterized by a remote being integrated into the head of the key.
Standard Remote Fob
These items generally have the lowest price point and can be worth up to $10 per item. These are the oldest style, stand alone remotes fobs.